In 2004 and 2005, the firm, over the course of several months, developed and adopted a list of essential principles to guide the course of its practice. These principles are more than just verbiage; they play a key role in what we do on a daily basis and are an integral part of our practice and our lives.
They give you insight into who we are and how we practice law.
The practice of law is an honorable profession. We, at Watkins Calcara, have established principles by which we will practice law to insure we do so honorably and that we treat our clients and each other as we would expect to be treated by others. We declare the following to be our guiding principles:
At Watkins Calcara:
- We will treat our clients and each other with respect and dignity.
- We will conduct ourselves with integrity, both personally and professionally.
- We will respect the privacy and confidentiality of our clients.
- We will communicate effectively and timely with our clients and each other.
- We will strive to maintain the highest degree of competency and professionalism.
- We will work as a team; we are at our best when we work together for and with our clients.
- We will provide the support necessary to enable each other to excel.
- We will recognize work as an integral and necessary part of life but balance it with the needs of our families.
We are committed to these principles. We agree to abide by them and to hold ourselves and each other accountable to them in our personal and professional lives.
Adopted January 17, 2005